Monday, March 21, 2011

I've been wanting to learn how to make pierogies for a long time.  It all started in high school when I would  spend a lot of time at a friend's house.  Her mom and grandmother would get together in the tiny yet magical kitchen and lovingly craft each potato filled dumpling.  I remember devouring big plates of thosee dumplings.  I remember being curious about the process, but not enough to jump in and learn.   

Last weekend, I got my chance to learn from a daughter, mother and grandmother combo.  It was a special, sacred time for me.  Check out some beautiful photos of the afternoon here.

After Mama B sent me home with a ton of pierogies, Abby and I had a little pierogi party while Eleanor slept.  






I need to practice rolling the dough - that was tricky.  Gram and Nicole made it look super sleek and easy.  

I will never ever buy a bag of Mrs. T's again.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment